Pages

Labels

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yet another level update

I have uploaded to box.net an updated version of the level. This one has approximately 30 regular resources (total cost for every thing in the store is about 28) I have also placed in 3 golden resources. I wasn't sure if I should add in more or not, so I left it with the initial standard.

I have attempted to test this but my computer lags a little bit making it harder to judge jumps. So I had some trouble. It may play smoother on a different machine though. Also some of the platforms don't seem like players would notice them. So some of the resource placement was made based on the decision to give the player an idea of where they could jump. I also think some kind of indicator like a more detail bushel of leaves would help in said platform identification.

As far as enemy placement, I know that they'll walk off platforms when chasing you. However, if I didn't place enemies in the higher locations then the upper half of the level would be kind of boring because all the action occurs on the ground level. Anyways, I really like the new art style for the assets. Almost seems as if it were colored by crayon instead of digital. Keep up the good work everyone.

Level Update link: prototype_5_18b

3 comments:

  1. Paul and I were talking about a bit of programming that might help keep enemies on upper platforms... but it all depends on weather or not he can get it to work... but its not top priority right now so we wont be able to implement it.

    WHAT WE COULD DO.... is keep stationary guards on upper platforms... and let the patrollers be on lower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the stationary guard idea would work for the upper platforms. Code wise, Paul would just have to take out the follow player function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well until then I will leave them as is, until I know if there is a seperate stationary guard function or not.

    ReplyDelete