Pages

Labels

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Menu Progress

As of now, the Main Menu design is finished. The background just needs to be updated to the correct color style in the game. Phil and I have been working to get some placeholder screens for the other menu's for Interfaces. Hopefully Thursday we can make sure everything works, give a copy of the game, design document, and presentation to everyone, and practice.

The one major issue we had was not being able to extend the level beyond a certain point due to the Flash IDE restrictions. It has been fixed and the Level Designer have been able to do their end now. Another issue that is still in the works is the character blending in with the background. Some of the assets have been colored differently to make the character stand out more. The last major issue is the Store menu. In it, the text size and location changes. I will take a look at this to see what is causing the issue.

During Interfaces, I hope to set up our game somewhere and have the attendees test the game. This will give us a fresh pair of eyes looking at it, not to mention the amount of data we can use to improve our game. If all goes according to plan, we will then move forward by resolving the issues address from the presentation and the testing results. From a U.I. standpoint, Phil and I will be working on getting a better design for all of the menus.

Couple other notes while I have your attention still. Todd had asked me what our dress code will be for Interfaces. I say that we should keep our dress code the same: White shirt, tie, black dress pants, shoes, and socks for our presentation. I am just going to toss this idea out there and see what everyone thinks. I am pretty sure we all have received Interfaces shirts. Maybe we should all write "Team Inside Voice" on a blank sheet of paper and tape it to the front of our shirts and wear it instead of a white dress shirt.

While one the subject of Interfaces, I am willing to have my laptop set up and ready to display our game and presentation. Also, I think it would be in the best interest of the team to be there at 8:00AM, one hour before the conference so we can set up and make sure we are all set to go. And also so we can help set up stuff as well.

One last thing, Jake, Lionell, and myself will be meeting up at school at 1pm on Wednesday. During this time, we will be putting together the last of the design document and preparing the presentation. Also, and correct me if I am wrong here, Jake, Lionell, and myself will be doing the presentation. If anyone has an urge to speak, please let us know and we will work on getting you a part in the presentation.

1 comment:

  1. I like the usual setup with white shirts, an tie and black plack pants. Good Luck guys with your Presentation practice and I'm proud to call you all my brothers.

    ReplyDelete