Pages

Labels

Monday, May 17, 2010

As it stands..

After all the discussion about the current level situation, Lance and I have decided to keep the level as is for the most part but breaking the design into 3 movie clips!

As for how these movie clips interface with each other that a programming issue.

Trevor and I, from what we researched came to the conclusion that for the levels needs; the 3 movie clips can be spliced together with a code interfacing kinda like a trigger I believe.  Hopefully implementing this should be a easy few lines of code for Paul.

Lance is currently allocating the various assets into the 3 sections, we will more than likely be continuing the work on Tuesdays class.

2 comments:

  1. splitting the level into multiple movieclips mean I have to completely re-think how the level scrolls, how different levels are called for playing, how the player character moves between movieclips, and perhaps more issues that I can't think of right now... I would almost suggest re-designing the level to take advantage of using more vertical space, as well as horizontal space. But either way, it would require someone to do a lot of work for the interfaces demo.

    I'm not saying it is impossible to get it to work, I'm just saying it is highly unlikely I could get that working for interfaces; much less the Thursday critique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger that! As long as we can put all the level together in one movie clip like you said, we're golden! I already let Lance know about the new version but I expect us to be working on it all of Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete