Pages

Labels

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

programming progress

I got an extreme basic form of damage going now, a "dummy enemy" that damages the player 1hp/tick; and when the player attacks, damages the enemy on contact for 1hp/tick. simple and basic for now, but I will continue to upgrade it so it is not constantly damage, but just instant damage.

I have also went back to the "multiple player movieclips" format so melee-attack animations can be preserved. also, I began implementation of the player's equipment (weapon, outfit).

lastly, I improve how the right and lower limits are defined on a per-level basis, this will allow graphics to overflow outside of the level without the screen scrolling to see it when the player approaches the bottom and right-most parts of the level.

3 comments:

  1. Paul, I really need your input on the stats list to see if these values can be plugged in with the player health/defense, weapon damage, and enemy health and damage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... I saw your comment about the damage calculation! I'll see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Paul, However, I think there's one issue still with the camera scroll. the top most part of the stage is still to close to the top edge of the camera and when the player jumps off one of the higher platform, goes off camera and lands again, the animation and collision is thrown off. I tried to move the content on the stage down a little more to account for that, but when the game is run, it doesn't take. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete