Pages

Labels

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SCRUM

Looks to me like I will be starting off the first blog of this new term and round two of our team project class. We have been requested to answer specific questions this time for our blog post. With that said, I will do my best to answer the questions without making it seem like I am just answering questions just to get a grade. With that said, I move onward. 


As of yesterday, we went over what everyone had, or had not, worked on over our one week break. We all know where we stand now and what we have to do to move forward. I have taken pictures of everything we discussed last night and I am currently upload them to my web gallery. The pictures are going in the same place still, so I hope that everyone has bookmarked the gallery. If not, here is the link to it again. The most recent pictures will always end up at the bottom of the gallery.


There has not been any drastic changes to our game mechanic since last term. Paul did work on getting a guard A.I. framework setup for us. As for how the guard will work, here is how I would like to see it. The guard will stand near the resource that the player must get. It will look in one direction for x amount of seconds, then look the other way for the same amount of time. If the guard sees the player, it will do x amount of damage every x second. For example, if the guard sees the squirrel, it will do 1 damage every 5 seconds that the player stands there.


The other change we are still discussing is how to implement the store. We have juggled between having the option for the player to buy upgrades from the store before starting the next level. Item bought in the store will not be lost after each level. The other option we have is to have the store in game. The player will lose all upgrades when they start the next level. Both ideas can work, but until we get it in the game and test it will we really know which is the better option. Personally, I like the idea of the store being between each level.


Since the new term only started yesterday, I cannot really say what has and has not worked until we do our weekly milestone presentation.


Here is a list of what needs to be improved and put in to our next game iteration. I have consolidated the list in to one since there were duplicates on the board last night.




  • Basic kill program
  • Three interface Screen put in to the game (either new or improved)
  • Sound Prototype Finished and in to the game
  • All weapons in color
  • Finalize animation storyboard in to document
  • Finalize attributes and mechanics in to document
  • Finish style guide and put in to document
  • Add colored character in to the game
  • Asset list with actions and sounds

As for what I have done, I did the U.I. flow chart for the store. I have also updated it so it goes down nicely and flows nicely too. You can view the updated flowchart on box.net in the U.I. -> Flowcharts folder. The next thing that Phil and I have to work on is getting three U.I. screens in the game. Kim has told us that it doesn't matter what screens we do. Also, she has informed me that I need to work on alignment for the Main Menu. So that is one of the screens that I will work on. Phil and I will discuss tomorrow the other two screens we will work on. 

Okay, I think I have said my fill for now. I will be back another day hopefully with a slightly shorter blog post, or longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment