Pages

Labels

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Level Milestone 5/13

Max and I have managed to reach our milestone goals for May 13th. Our goals included four different objectives that needed to be completed I myself was tasked with finalizing the player mechanics data. This includes what the controls are, what they do, and some basic code for the programmer to utilize.

I also had to create a rough blockin for the third part to our first level. This area presented some challenges at first but were quickly remedied upon closer inspection. The issues involved the player falling through the ground upon starting the level, the camera not scrolling further, and lastly the enemy tree not responding to the player's actions.

To remedy the collision issue, first the aesthetic ground was hidden revealing a collision box that wasn't to scale. Apparently when I did the original transform it didn't keep. This was a quick fix, but still didn't fully fix everything. Especially the camera, which is what was tackled next. With Paul's assistance he had shown me how to expand the camera's range so now the entire level can be played through.

The final hurdle for me was to get the enemy tree to respond to the cannon. Due to a change in what the enemy tree looked like I had to figure out how to get the enemy tree to respond properly. To fix this it was first a challenge as the new tree first needed to be converted to a movie clip and replace the original tree. It didn't work at first as I wasn't working in the actual Enemy Tree movie clip but once again that was fixed with some input from others.

All that's left now is just updating the documentation.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that we resolved the issues with the character falling through the ground.

    ReplyDelete