Pages

Labels

Friday, May 14, 2010

Interfaces preperation

It hurts me to hear that we really did not hit any of our milestones. However, this is the first time that we have actually taken a step back and looked at all the aspects of our game as a whole, not our individual parts. I am going to type up an excel file with a list of issues, the date that it was addressed, and the date that it was resolved. I will divide it based on department also to keep things simple.

As of yesterday, there are a lot of issues that have been addressed and we have come up with a way that we are going to resolve them. First off is the frame rate of our game. Currently it is set at 60 FPS which is way to high. We have changed the frame rate to 15 FPS. There is also going to be a 30% increase to all in-game assets. I believe we agreed to increase the character size by that much also, though I could be mistaken.

There is one portion on my milestone list that I forgot to write on the board and that is different font styles for the team to chose from. If everyone is okay with the font type I have picked, then I will pass that on to the programmer to get the font to work in-game also as there is variables that are not the correct font type.

Moving forward towards Interfaces, there is many aspects that need to be improved before then. Like I mentioned before, changing the frame rate is key. It effects the animations, how our cannon is fired, sound timing, and moving in the level itself.

Over the past few days, I have redesigned the main menu over all. It is now complete and in the game. I just have to make a few minor changes to get it fully finished and working.

No comments:

Post a Comment