Pages

Labels

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Night!

Tuesday Night
Ok, so we all know what happened Tuesday night, we got out squirrel game, and tried to break it down. Trevor has the pictures of what we brainstormed, and I'm sure they'll be up here soon.

Thursday's Tasks
What I wanted to address here are the actual assignments that are due on Thursday. Now I have to admit that I don’t have written down all the things that Kim wants for Thursday, but I know that we DIDNT decide on who was doing all of them. If you wrote down the tasks please comment them here.

Prototype
So I decided to take on the paper prototype's creation. It’s super simple, and won’t take very long to finish, but I did want to try to push it further before Thursday. Since we have the prototype to test the "gathering" aspect of the game, I think the next mechanic we test should be either "attacking" or "defending". ONLY BASIC RULES at this point, try to keep it simple.

I was thinking that we could use the "gathering" prototype and slightly modify it to have your dice rolls amount to how many attackers you have VS. How many attackers the enemy has. Highest number wins. Simple enough. Re-roll in case of ties.

For defenders, we could do it quite similarly, but instead of defenders vs. defenders, we could say "dice roll = numbers of defenders you have. Enemy dice roll = number of attackers enemy has. And it takes 2 attackers to kill 1 defender." The player's goal for this prototype would be to stay alive for as long as possible (this one I feel needs to be kicked around much more though, it seems too easy to potentially live forever).

The OTHER Papers
The rest of the assignments, I believe, were milestones, team roles, and a document of some sort (I don’t remember the exact details). I think we all need to sit down and talk about the milestones, because I'm terrible with scope, and I think we all need to have a say in how much we are biting off at once. For the team roles, we ALSO need to sit down and talk, because I would prefer NOT to program, but I will if I must. And I won’t know what kind of balance we have if one person simply starts dishing out the rolls.

Contact
I am super easy to get in touch with. If anyone wants to ask me something, check in on me, or simply tell me about your new scooter, email or text me (JB_faceless@yahoo.com or 248-228-0045) I don't answer phone calls very often so texting or emailing is best. I will try to keep posts up on the blog here as best I can, but sometimes it’s easier to get the instant feedback.

1 comment:

  1. I have uploaded the pictures and got a link in my post above this one called Photo Gallery.

    ReplyDelete