Pages

Labels

Monday, March 29, 2010

Test Prototype Lionell

I've try to test our prototype with our old/current target market "19-25" and so interesting stuff came to the surface. The gamers I've tested from the school all seem to get it after one explanation, but when I test non gamers It took three to four times before they got it. I've tested 10 people, all of them are male college students ages 19-25, 8 was from Game Production and 2 was people I've meet at Subway. Either I need to test more or this is more of a complex game than we imagined.

Also, I searched the Quick selling point of our game, and through research I've determined that our game is not quick enough to add that selling point to our game. It has too many complicated rules. Because searching up the word quick in vigorous ways was too much for my tiny brain, I just played 50 something flash games and compared them to our game. Our game is that of the plants vs Zombies and World of Goo category; not the category of Robot Unicorn attack and Ski Runner.

Sorry

3 comments:

  1. I know most of the time I'm not playing games on adult swim but I needed to find some answers to see what sells. Most of the younger crowd will prefer blood and gore and older women want to learn something and have it simple. I heard on the news this morning women are 50% of the casual gamers. We need to get them so are game will have some profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perry, we are not targeting the women. The majority of our time was spent last week based on our decision not to go that route, and we are not wasting more time doing that.

    I completely agree with Lionell that our game is more marketable toward people that play games like Plants Vs. Zombies, World of Goo, and other Popcap type games.

    We should just try to emulate these types of games. I don't know what else to say. Those kinds of games are what have been sticking in my mind but for some reason I never really realized that it is the kind of game we should be making. That only makes 2 of us though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Lionell.. Lets direct our efforts to those types of games!

    ReplyDelete