Pages

Labels

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Photo Gallery

I have set up a gallery for us all to view. Here is the link Team Project One Gallery. Every night that we draw something on the board, I will take pictures of it and post them to this area. Any time you view this site, the most recent photos will show up at the end (to keep them in order by the date taken). If you guys want to upload pictures to this (keep it clean people), shoot me an email with the images so I can append them to the gallery.

Reiterating what Jacob said in his post, we do need to have milestones, team roles, and documentation done done by the end of class Thursday 3/11/10. I think it be best to set team roles FIRST, then work on setting milestones because then we can get an idea for who needs to what by when. Also, we need a team leader and to figure out how we are going to do the documentation.

Here is my plan of action for tomorrow. Please feel free to comment.
1) Assign roles - pick a primary role that you are going to do from now on. Also pick a secondary role so that you can contribute to the game progress if you are waiting on stuff.

2) Determine Milestones based on team member roles.

3) Assign portions of the documentation - this is so that if someone is waiting on another persons stuff, (knowing that we should scrum instead) we can work on documenting everything.

Scope, I think at least, is not something that can really be "taught" per say, but learned through experience. I am going to take a stab at this, but I think the scope for this term is to have the game at least functioning with programmer art. In my mind, a game needs to function first before we can start adding the art.

One last thing. The milestone part is a little confusing to me. Correct me if I am wrong, the milestone list is everything that needs to be done this term? Or just to the next Green light? I think that the milestone list for now should be up to the green light because if we do not get a green light at the next presentation, then it can really mess us up in the long run. I think that we should make a milestone list up to the green light. Then if we get the go ahead after our presentation, we then make a list of milestones for the next term.

3 comments:

  1. First... I love the gallery, it looks great.

    Second... I too am confused about the milestones. We havent even been given a "approval" for Green Light 2, so how are we supposed to know what we are going to make? How can we decide milestones if we dont know what has to be done?

    As for your "scope" opinion. I think we have too many "artists" on the team to NOT have some art in. But I do agree that the functioning mechanics should be our first priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably what we should do first is just accept any and all artwork and throw it into the "first prototype" of the game this term. Although we all think we are artists, I'm going to go ahead and say that we aren't all good artists. But that won't matter until next term when we have to have some actual Art Direction and create a consistent visual style.

    So yes. Functioning program first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that we have a gallery. I think that as far as concept sketches go, I think that they should be submitted to Trevor so that he can upload any and all sketches to the gallery so that it's not difficult to find all the images throughout the blog.

    ReplyDelete