Pages

Labels

Friday, March 12, 2010

Game Mechanic Overview

I am going to do this in a list style for the mechanic and rules for our game. I hope to make this as clear as possible.

Objective: Gather 20 or more resources to shoot your cannon at the opposing tree.

Rounds works like this:
1) Roll to determine who will attack first. Highest roll wins. This rule only applies to round one.
2) Roll to determine how many resources your collect.
3) Roll to attack or defend.

Gather resources: Roll to determine how many resources you collect.

Attacking: You need to roll more than double the defense roll to win the round.

Defending: The higher the roll, the better. A successful defense wins the round.

Stalemate: A stalemate occurs when the attacker rolls double the defenders roll (i.e. 2 attacker=1 defender. Re-roll, and the highest roll wins.

Shooting the Cannon: Deduct 20 resources to shoot your cannon.

Winning: Shooting the other opposing tree 3 times wins the game.

I had my brother review the rules and he seems to understand them. I had him repeat the rules back to me without looking at them and he had them pretty well memorized. Since I have to do target market research, This is a good basis for me to start with.

One last thing, all the images from 3/11/10 have been uploaded to the image gallery. I will save everyone the trouble of finding the link in an older post, so here it is. Team Project One Image Gallery

2 comments:

  1. P.S. incase the image gallery link gets lost in older post, click on z062007vette under the Contributors list and the link will be right there on my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome job Trevor. Good idea to see how your brother took to our prototype. Jake did the same with his fiancee and took in her feedback. This is a good start for us.

    ReplyDelete