Pages

Labels

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday mini critique notes

Hey guys, here are the notes that I took during our mini cirtique today.

Sounds
  • More background music options
  • Enemy sounds are good
  • Health pack 4: cut the end sound
  • Change hero die
  • Jump is good
  • Fix meat cleaver sound (add a little squish to it)
  • Shovel sound is good
  • Trash can: increase the pitch, add a little resenation
 Menu
  • Flip the win/lose screen's horizontially so that the test is on the other side. 
  • Shrink level complete and put it near the arrow tip
Other things to fix or add
  • Make the bat, shovel, meat cleaver, and meat tenderizer more cartoony
  • Make a new weapon to replace the horse shoe
  • ADD GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Inventory screen in the birdhouse
  • Add the house that we used for the shop to the beginning of the level so the tutorials screen makes sense
  • Change the platforms completely. They are not working for us. (Sorry Jacob)
  • The Trash can looks like a mix of Doric and Ionic columns. 
That's all I have in my notes. If I missed anything, feel free to comment below.

7 comments:

  1. I'm taking the sugestion from Max and applying the multiply layer in Photoshop to darken the lines of drawings. Also breaking up the clutter of the level design assets and using the rulers better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so... the old trashcan was FINE for everyone but kim, and now that i've improved it, its not good enough?

    and as for the platforms, would you rather the old ones? give me some input about what to do because "the platforms are not working" isnt exactly helpfull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. err... everybody left very quickly after the mini-crit; nobody particularly quite gave me any files. so I am assuming that I am using everything that was in the 6_22 folder on kim's drop folder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jake: I think that you could possibly use a small graphic of maybe one or two leaves instead of those awkward bushes in bushes. Same with the twigs. There's just... too many of them causing an awkward appearance to them.

    @Paul: I'd assume that's correct. Level Design didn't have any actual game implementations for once. Just documentation so Max and I are good on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jake: Sorry for not being really clear on the platforms part. We just glanced over them. The trash can, however, looks good to me. The group was just commenting on how similar it looked to the ancient greek/roman columns. I would like o suggest a handle on the top of it, but it might look awkward to walk in front of the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it was brought to my attention that we are getting rid of the horseshoe... why is this? the only reason we have a "thrown" weapon is because paul told me he could program it, I asked him before I put it on the list...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are getting rid of the horseshoe because Paul said that he would try to program it. For time constraints, we are just going to use another weapon instead.

    ReplyDelete