Pages

Labels

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Phil's U.I. Post Mortem

Hello all,

What went right?
I'm glad that I found a position that I could contribute to the team. There aren't many jobs I'm good at so finding a fit was great. I'm also glad that I just had storyboarding with Chris Fick, that really prepared me for the thumbnails and sketching. I'm still not a great artist, but I did try my best.

What went wrong?
I'm very analytical, so it was hard for me to blue sky and create thumbnail ideas. From my military background I was taught to plan ahead, use logic and be tactical. To let go and throw logic out the window is not easy for me, especially after the military drilled it into me. Also my work schedule isn't easy either. Fifty hours a week with an hour drive each way does wear on me.

Overall,
I'm happy with our progress. I think for the most part we are getting along rather well. (Better than I expected, I will admit.) I know I need to improve on staying on task with my milestones. The brainstorming ideas and concept drawing is not my strong point. I will try to improve on that.

Also thanks to everyone for understanding about my back. And a special thanks to Trevor for helping me out with carrying my stuff. I owe you one buddy.

Thanks again,
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment