Pages

Labels

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Post Mortem

Over the past 20 weeks there have been many things going on in terms of Warnutz! and other things. During that time we have accomplished much and I am proud of Team Inside Voices for the hard work they have all put in. I think that what went well for me is that I was able to communicate fairly well with the rest of the team. Max and I worked fairly well together getting many things completed. I believe that Max and I were the only ones to hit every one of our individual milestones. Even if we didn't hit the check points, we still managed to hit our overall milestone each week.

Now we also have to take the bad with the good. I feel that what I neglected and needed to work on better was the actual process for designing the level. Both Max and I ignored the overall process in general as we didn't bother with flowcharts or level wireframes at all until much later. That is definitely one thing I feel could have gone better. Also I feel that overall I was a little too quiet during team meetings and didn't give as much feed back as I should have.

Now there are many things that I probably would do differently if I could go back to the beginning of the class. First and foremost would be the fact that I would follow the process for level design all the way through. That means concept art, flowcharts, wireframes, blockins, and testing. I would also speak up more and provide alot more input. I think I would also push myself to do even more work as I truly feel that we could have easily had two or three levels. Maybe not all completely finalized but at least have a block in of some sort for other levels.

Overall I wouldn't mind continuing development of Warnutz! and creating more levels for the game as one just isn't enough in my opinion.

Thank you all for this great opportunity in building my skills as an individual and a member of a larger entity. Good luck in your future endeavors and maybe see you again sometime down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment