Pages

Labels

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Post Mortem by Max Jankowski

Over the two semesters that Team inside Voice worked on WARNUTZ I feel we acomplished a large body of work in the time we had!  Let me say, I am extremley proud of the team and I would have no problems working with them again!  In its entirity, I believe we had a fully functional game.  From art to level design, from documentation to communication we worked as a team! 

Even though we failed to hit any of our milestones I think the exception was to the teams benifit.  Another issue that Kim mentioned was our inability to be critical with our team mates; in a way this kind of hurt individuals and the team in some areas.  Specifically, level design suffered due to the stagnation of the process.  We were constanly waiting on other elements of the game to reach a certain level of production we could work with.

Something I would have done differently was to possibly lay out multiple concepts for levels sooner.  There was a point in the level design process where we had a template basically.  We could have easily started on multiple levels in a more timely manner after we had the process down.  Let me state that I am used to being a 3d level designer and it was a huge difference in the production of a 2d level design!

Again, thanks team..  Thank you for this positive experience and the opportunity to test my game designing skills in a more professional light!

No comments:

Post a Comment