Pages

Labels

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Phil's Post Mortem for U.I.

Hello All,

The twenty week process in Team Project was a great experience. The one strength I did have in this class was not taken advantage of, and it was my fault. I have a lot of experience in being a leader at work and wanted to do the same in Team Project. At the beginning, it was addressed that I was interested in being leader for Team Project. Instead of forcing the idea of me being leader on the team, I stood back and let the team decide who they wanted to be leader. The team had more confidence in Jacob, so I said ok and took a back seat. In my military career, I learned that people need to feel comfortable with a leader to have a smooth process. A lot of the team was working together for the first time and we didn’t need any drama because someone didn’t agree with me being leader. Since this was a team environment, it wasn’t about me and my need for a resume addition. So I did the best I could to play a supporting role to Trevor and Jacob, who both did a great job by the way.

I have a lot of weakness, as you all well know. I won’t make any excuses about that. I am not a designer or an artist. The U.I. area was the only area I could go to do the best I could do. I know my designs weren’t the best. I thought I could do well with the art bible, but everything was pixilated. I’m not a technical guy by any means. I did what I could with what I had.

What I would have done differently is set aside time to read books on designing. While working a fifty hour work week isn’t easy, I should have tried to stretch more time to research design to pull my weight for the team. It was a pleasure working with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey boss, if you want to continue with UI design at all... I have a huge book on it. It even breaks down tiny things like how long it takes for a visual que to reach a person's brain, and then for them to respond. I've only read a bit of it, but its pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete