Pages

Labels

Thursday, July 8, 2010

after death... right? thats what this thing is right?

WARNUTZ! ... looking back... looking forward...

What worked for us as a team?
As a team, we helped each other well, though some of it came in spurts, and at times to some but not to others.  I know that when we had our meetings, and when stuff was getting worked on, we spent a lot of time talking over things, and talking together about what to do and how.  I think we also had the same view for the game (for the most part) and that helped when we were trying to create new things, or alter our old ones. 

We also had a few people that jumped up and took over extra work when things were getting sketchy.  I know we all at one point worked harder then we thought we would need to, but I wanted to thank Lionell and Trevor and Paul for a lot of extra work that was put in on the game when the game was short of where it needed to be.

What didn't work for us as a team?
We didn't want to hurt feelings, and i believe that we could all go back now and say "wow that sucked when it was at this point" or "how did we let that go on for so long"...  But we didn't want to upset anyone and because of that, we didn't push each other far enough. 

I also think that we didn't keep in touch over changes or details at times... and sometimes people wouldn't know what was going on.

What worked for ME?
I think that the level assets turned out a bit better then I thought they might have, though they didn't come out quickly enough.  Luckily when Lionell decided on an art style, it used a technique that I've used before.  I did have an issue with line quality, and resolution and other things along those lines... but i think the final art style looked real well when it was applied to all the assets.

What didn't work for me?
I don't want to sound like I'm always falling back on this excuse, but I always think I'm capable of more in a short period of time then I am.  Scope Scope Scope!!!  Platforms game me trouble and trouble and trouble, and because of that I never moved on to new levels, I kept trying to perfect my assets.  And I probably could have fixed that issue if I would have kept my mind open and talked to people.  The final platforms weren't done until the game was nearly due.  They should have been figured out a long time ago so I could have moved on.

Moving Forward!
I plan to apply what I've learned already to the flowcharts and level plans that Max and Lance have been working on for level 2.  I would really like to be able to have a 2nd level for our game so that we can show some depth to the idea.

Starting over?!
If I were to go back and do this again... I'd have pushed myself harder.  I have some good stuff at the end of this project, but I could have had more, and I think we could have made much more if we pushed each other more.  I know its a learning experience, but I think i would have liked to have more game content.

Id like to thank you all for putting up with me for the past 20 weeks, I know I Can be a pain in the butt and am loud and obnoxious at times but you guys managed to deal with me... thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment